CONDITIONAL MOVEMENT CONTROL ORDER
(2nd January 2021)
Due to the consistently high number of Covid-19 cases in Klang Valley, all volunteering activities will remain suspended until further notice.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused. Please stay vigilant and take care of yourself and others around you!
When you volunteer at PAWS, you can choose to spend time with any animal that you want and do the work that you enjoy. If you do not have any specific activities you would like to carry out at the shelter, you will be assigned to the activities which may include cleaning the shelter area and spending time with the animals. As volunteers, you must be able to work independently as there will be minimal supervision and guidance during the volunteering activities.
We welcome volunteers at any time during volunteering hours, which are:-
Monday – Sunday (except Wednesdays and Public Holidays):
10.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
Wednesdays and Public Holidays:
CLOSED for maintenance
How to become a volunteer
- All volunteers are required to fill in the online volunteer form before starting any volunteering work. If the form is not completed in full, you will not be authorised to volunteer at PAWS.
Adult Volunteer Form (18 years of age and above)
Junior Volunteer Form (below 18 years of age)
- For volunteers who wish to come in, please call the office at 03-7846 1087 to make an appointment beforehand. Slot availability is on a first-come, first-served basis. The maximum number of volunteers the shelter can accommodate at any one time is 5 persons.
- For your first volunteering session, be sure to fill in the volunteer form above to register as a volunteer before starting any work. Once you have done this, you can get started right away and you will not be required to register anymore after your first session.
- Volunteers must be dressed appropriately. Face masks are compulsory. The recommended attire for volunteering is a comfortable t-shirt, long pants and closed-toe shoes for your safety. We will not be responsible for any harm caused as a result of non-compliance with the recommended attire.
- For volunteers who wish to walk the dogs, you must bring along some plastic bags with you. Volunteers are required to pick up after the dogs during the walk. You will not be allowed to take dogs for a walk if you do not have plastic bags with you.
- Bring plenty of drinking water for yourself, and a change of clothes just in case things get messy.
- Duration of volunteering is entirely up to you as long as it is within the available volunteering hours (10am to 4pm every day except Wednesdays and major public holidays).
For student volunteers, please take note:
- Student volunteers, regardless of age, may only volunteer on weekdays (except Wednesdays). Please take note that we do NOT make an exception to this rule as we have a large number of working adult volunteers on weekends and cannot accommodate any more.
- Volunteers must be at least 12 years’ old. Volunteers aged 12-15 will require adult supervision during the entire length of the volunteer activities.