When you volunteer at PAWS, you can choose to spend time with any animal that you want and do the work that you enjoy. Whether you stay only for an hour or a whole day, it is still a big help to us and a real joy to the animals. If you do not have any specific activities you would like to carry out at the shelter, you will be assigned to the activities which may include cleaning the shelter area and spending time with the animals.
We welcome volunteers at any time during our opening hours, which are:-
Monday – Sunday (except Wednesdays and Public Holidays):
9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
Wednesdays and Public Holidays:
CLOSED for maintenance
How to become a volunteer
- All volunteers are required to fill in the online application form before starting any volunteering work. If the application form is not completed in full, you will not be authorised to volunteer at PAWS.
- For volunteers who wish to come in as a group (3 persons or above), please call the office at 03-7846 1087 to make an appointment first. This will be subject to availability of slots. The maximum amount of volunteers we can accommodate in one group is 10 persons.
- Volunteers must be dressed appropriately. The recommended attire for volunteering is a comfortable t-shirt, long pants and closed-toe shoes for your safety. We will not be responsible for any harm caused as a result of non-compliance with the recommended attire.
- For volunteers who wish to walk the dogs, you must bring along some plastic bags with you. Volunteers are required to pick up after the dogs during the walk. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO TAKE DOGS FOR A WALK IF YOU DO NOT HAVE PLASTIC BAGS WITH YOU.
For student volunteers, please take note:
- Student volunteers, regardless of age, may only volunteer on weekdays (except Wednesdays). Please take note that we do NOT make an exception to this rule as we have a large number of working adult volunteers on weekends and we cannot accommodate any more.
- Volunteers must be at least 12 years’ old. Volunteers aged 12-15 will require adult supervision during the entire length of the volunteer activities.