Donations to PAWS Animal Welfare Society are tax-exempted under Subsection 44(6) of the Income Tax Act 1967 effective 15 November 2019.
Tax Exemption Guidelines under Subsection 44(6) Income Tax Act 1967
1. Tax Exemption Receipt shall only be issued to the person/company that makes payment (name appearing on the cheque or direct bank-in) for the donation. Tax Exemption Receipt cannot be issued in another person’s or company’s name.
2. Donations made on a single cheque or direct bank-in will only receive one (1) tax exemption receipt. In this case, PAWS cannot issue several Tax-Exemption Receipts in different names under that single cheque or direct bank-in.
3. The date appearing in the Tax-Exemption Receipt cannot be earlier than the bank-in date (Tax-Exemption Receipt should only be issued after the cheque is banked-in and cleared).
4. Donations of RM10,000 and above must be reported to Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia (LHDN) each year.
5. Full Name (as per Malaysian NRIC/Foreign Passport/Business Registration), Malaysian NRIC No./Foreign Passport No./Business Reg. No. and Correspondence Address for the individual donor must be included in the Tax-Exemption Receipt. Kindly note that donors who fail to provide complete information will not qualify to receive the receipt in accordance with LHDN regulations.
If you are too busy to drop by at the shelter in person, you can make a donation through the following channels:-
|Account Holder||PAWS Animal Welfare Society|
|Bank Name||CIMB Bank Berhad|
|Bank Branch Address||CIMB Bank Berhad,
60, Jalan SS6/14,
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia.
Please scan the bank-in receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information for us to issue an official tax-exemption receipt:
- Full Name (as per Malaysian NRIC/Foreign Passport/Business Registration)
- Malaysian NRIC No./Foreign Passport No./Business Reg. No.
- Correspondence Address
Kindly note that donors who fail to provide complete information will not qualify to receive the receipt in accordance with LHDN regulations.
Alternatively, you can log in to CIMB Clicks, and look under the “Welfare” section for “PAWS Animal Welfare Society”.
PAWS donation boxes can currently be found in all Pet Lovers Centre outlets in Malaysia!
There will also be special events and exhibitions from time to time where we will have our donation boxes on display. You can follow our page on Facebook to keep updated on our events.
There are many ways you can help us. If you plan to visit our shelter, do remember to bring along any of the items featured below as sometimes even your throw-aways can be put to good use at PAWS. The list below ranges from the very important (and somewhat costly) to daily household items that cost next to nothing.
|Cash Donations||For food, medicines, salaries, shelter repairs, etc.|
|Canned or Dry Pet Food *URGENT!*||For our puppies, adult dogs, kittens and adult cats|
|Stainless Steel Dog Bowls||20cm in diameter|
|Dog Cages||3ft × 3ft × 3ft|
|Cat Litter||Pinewood or tofu type|
|Pest Preventives||Advocate, Frontline, Revolution (or other similar products)|
|Surgical Gloves||Sizes 6.5 and 8|
|Laundry Detergent Powder / Bleach / Liquid Hand Soap *URGENT!*||For washing the animals’ bedding, cleaning their cages or to wash our hands after handling them|
|Large Garbage Bags||There is always a mess to clear up!|
|Kitchen Towel / Roll||There is always a mess to clear up!|
|Old Newspapers *URGENT!*||As lining for cages and floors during transportation of animals and at events|
|Human-Grade Rice||For our kennel workers|
|Appliances / Furniture (preloved)||Table or stand fan, fridge, office chair (small), table (large: approx. 9ft x 5ft)|
|Office Supplies||Printer ink (Canon Ink 47 black / 57 colour)|
|Your Extra Time||As a volunteer! Even if you only come once, you would be making a big difference to these animals’ lives.|
|Your Home & Unconditional Love||There are over 200 animals waiting for a new home at our shelter at any given time. Save a life by adopting today!|
Note: For all the relevant items above, any brand/grade will do. As we use these items in large amounts, going for quantity over quality would be advisable.
Thank you for your generosity and support!