Wednesday: CLOSED for maintenance
Saturday & Sunday:9.00 a.m. – 4.00 p.m.
WE ARE USUALLY OPEN ON PUBLIC HOLIDAYS. IF IN DOUBT PLEASE RING US TO CHECK…
Whether a regular or occasional volunteer, you are always welcome at PAWS.
How to become a volunteer?
1. All volunteers are required to fill an application form and submit it to the office before being accepted as a volunteer. Approval must first be obtained from the Shelter Manger to ensure that volunteers are given adequate orientation and guidance.
2. There is also a form for junior volunteers (under 18 years old) and they should obtain this from the office or download and print from this website so they can get their guardians/parents to sign before they come.
3. For a first timer it would be helpful if you could call the office ahead of your visit so we can arrange for someone to be available to show you what to do.
Download Application Form
Tips and Guidelines
• Wear suitable clothes: the older the better and you may want to wear long sleeves because there are mosquitoes around!
• Wear disposable gloves for dirty jobs (available from the treatment room).
• Always latch the doors and gates behind you.
• Wash your hands often, especially if moving between families with young animals.
• It is important to talk to visitors when they arrive. Give them information on the animals you know about or direct them to one of the staff. Please supervise all children that come round to visit.
• Please register with the office by signing the volunteer register every time you visit.