What to bring with you to PAWS
There are many ways you can help us. If you plan to visit our shelter, do remember to bring along any of the items featured below as sometimes even your throw-aways can be put to good use at PAWS.The list below ranges from the very important (and somewhat costly) to daily household items that cost next to nothing.
1. PLAIN PAPER FAX MACHINE
2. CASH DONATIONS – for food, medicines, salaries, shelter repairs, etc.
3. NEWSPAPERS – to put down as bedding in the animal cages
4. CANNED or DRY PET FOOD – for our puppies, adult dogs, kittens and adult cats. We prefer Friskies, Pedigree or Alpo
5. PET TOYS – so our furry residents don’t get bored in their cages
6. FLEA / TICK POWDER OR SHAMPOO / FRONTLINE – to help rid our animals of nasty pests
7. LARGE PLASTIC RUBBISH BAGS – there is always a mess to clear up!
8. OLD TOWELS – to dry the puppies and dogs we bathe
9. OLD CLOTHES, T-SHIRTS, RAGS / SHEETS – for bedding in cages
10. LAUNDRY DETERGENT / HAND SOAP / BRUSHES – any kind is appreciated when we need to wash the animals’ bedding, clean their cages or wash our hands after handling them
11. CAT LITTER – so our kittens and cats can be toilet-trained at the shelter itself before being re-homed
12. CANS OF PAINT – white, yellow, or blue paint so the shelter can be kept looking clean and fresh
13. YOUR EXTRA TIME – as a volunteer! Even if you only come once, you would be making a big difference to these animals’ lives…
14. PACKETS OF RICE – any brand will do